[mac4theblind] Re: Downloading already purchased Songs

  • From: "Christopher-Mark Gilland" <cgilland1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 21:54:26 -0500

ok, but you're still confused.

I'm not trying to delete using the device. We have some bad simantics going on here. that isn't your falt though.

I'm not trying to delete the tracks off my device using! my device. What I mean is, say I have a track on my IPhone, and also have it in my library on the Mac. I'm trying to delete the track off of my IPhone without deleting it from my mac. Escentially, I want it gone off the phone, but I still want it in my library. Because I sync my transfers playlist to and from my IPhone/Mac, I figured that I could simply delete the track out of my transfers playlist, then resync. Normally, that method works, but in the case of going to the ITunes store, and downloading music that is not already in your library, which you already previously purchased, it's not seeming to copy the tracks over to the transfers playlist which resides locally within my library on the mac. This means, if I go in my source list, and to the transfers playlist, then search for the track in question, it does not show up in the list, thus, I cannot delete it from the transfers playlist, thus, allowing me to resync my device, thus, deleting the track(s) off my phone. If I look using the mac, not the IPhone, inside the IPhone device in the sources list, and under the music and under the transfers playlist, I see the track, but pressing the delete key on it, whether interacting with the table or not is not working. I do not manually manage music on my IPhone. that box is unchecked, as it is by default. I cannot simply take Sarah's advice and uncheck the box, as the check box within the table associated with that track is dimmed. I heard that was a bug and that if I interact with the table then again with the row containing the track and vo+space on the checkbox it would uncheck even though it says it is dimmed. this isn't the case for me. I tried. So I have no way from my mac of deleting those individual tracks that I want to redownload but do not wish on my device itself.

I can't make this any simpler. If this makes no sense, then maybe someone else needs to help.

Chris.