[mac4theblind] Re: Creating signatures.

  • From: David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 12:04:54 -0400

what confuses me is "all signatures".
I don't understand how to use it.

On Aug 10, 2012, at 8:32 PM, John Panarese <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Kim,
   To create a signature, do the following:

1.  In Mail preferences, choose the signatures button.
2. Select the account you want the signature for from the table, provided you
are using more than one account.
3. Navigate to the right to, add new and VO space on that.
4. Type the name of the signature.  The default will say, signature #1 or
something like that, but when you start to type, it will be replaced.
5. Stop interacting and navigate right to the edit field.  There will be
default text that will be your name and the email address.  If you start to
type what you would like, it will replace the text that is there.
6.  When you are satisfied, just do a command-w to close the window or navigate
to the, add new, to create other signatures.

   Note that if you have more than one signature, you can choose the default
one for that account by navigating all the way right to the popup button.
Also, if you have more than one signature, in composing or reply to a mail
message. to the left of the message text, there will be a popup button in which
you can choose a signature.  The signature must be associated with the account
you are sending the mail from.

   In the demonstrations section of my website

http://www.macfortheblind.com/demonstrations
I do a podcast on working with signatures in mail.

Tel, (631) 724-4479
Email, john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Website, http://www.macfortheblind.com

APPLE CERTIFIED SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL FOR MAC OSX LION

On Aug 10, 2012, at 8:23 PM, Kim Kilpatrick <kimjkilpatrick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I was just trying to create a couple of signatures in mail.  Somehow they
> never get created.  I find the signatures tab and go to create them but don't
> know how to do it obviously as it doesn't work.
> Am running mountain lion with my new mac.
> Any tips?
> Kim

touching the internet
Reducing Technology's disabilities