[mac4theblind] Creating a dictionary entry

  • From: "Christopher-Mark Gilland" <cgilland1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 06:39:07 -0500

Hello,

I most definitely probably could figure this out on my own, seeing I'm quite an advanced VO user, but I'm drawing a mental brane fart here. LOL!

I cannot go into the details, don't even ask me to. If you do, you're gonna get the same answer I'm gonna post here... frankly, it's not something I'm authorized to say, and really it's none a your business, but, long story short, I have an e-mail list which I am on. there is a problem though, whereby to help people set up mail filters, they have put the name of the list in the header of the subject lines. Basically left bracket, list name, right bracket. Again, under ab, suh, lootly! no! circumstances can I, nor will I! reveal the name of the list. It is an ex? tree'eemly! confidential and profusely! private list. For this reason, sometimes I'll be on the phone when checking mail. I cannot have it reveal the name of the list. I've been! just not checking mail when I'm on the phone with a non list member. Sometimes though, I may need to check regardless, if I'm on the phone. but, the catch22 is I absolutely can not! have it say the list name. If it does, I stand a 100% likelyhood of getting banned permanently if caught. So, having said that, I absolutely crutially! need to set up a rule, where voiceover will say something like... Private List... instead of the name of the list.

I'm on Snow Leopard. I have Lion, but due to reasons beyond my control, I do not run it as my primary o s.

Can someone remind me how to do this?

Thank you ever! so much.

Cordially,

Chris Gilland.