[mac4theblind] Re: ANti-Malware apps

  • From: Chris <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 18:31:51 +0100

Sophos is good. Does not slow down my mac, very accessible and straightforward to use, I have removed it for now while I upgrade to Mountain Lion.

Sent from my Windows laptop.

On 26/08/2012 15:04, Daniel McGee wrote:
Hi, I use an app called Sophos Anti-Virus.
I heard about it from Sarah on this list so I was naturally curious and
downloaded it installed it and most importantly to me it seems very accessible
with Voiceover.

Please bare in mind that this is my own opinion. You may not like the app but
it works for me and what works for one may not always be the case for others.

In any case I wish you luck in your virus venture!

Daniel
On 25 Aug 2012, at 20:31, John Panarese <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    I believe it auto updates.  Don't quote me on that, but I'm pretty certain
it does.

Tel, (631) 724-4479
Email, john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Website, http://www.macfortheblind.com

APPLE CERTIFIED SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL FOR MAC OSX LION

On Aug 25, 2012, at 3:28 PM, Carlos Palomino <c.palomino@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

John,

I've seen a couple of apps which do not provide the ability to auto-update.
Silly but true...

I'm assuming this is not the case with Mac Scan?

Subject: [mac4theblind] Re: ANti-Malware apps
From: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 15:26:09 -0400
To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I use Mac Scan. I'm not sure of the cost, but it was recommended by others in
the Mac community.

Tel, (631) 724-4479
Email, john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Website, http://www.macfortheblind.com

APPLE CERTIFIED SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL FOR MAC OSX LION

On Aug 25, 2012, at 3:23 PM, Carlos Palomino <c.palomino@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

Any recommendations for a premium anti-virus or anti-malware program for OS X?
"Premium", as in, not free.

Now, I'm not going to get into the merits or worthiness of whether such a thing
is needed for OS X. Malware is out there, and when you exchange files with PC
users, the threat is relevant in almost any situation in my view.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any ideas.