MAASE Announcement Fwd: Reminder of CASE webinar March 9

  • From: Anthony Thaxton <anthonythaxton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Listserv Listserv <maase@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 23:20:15 -0500

- Tony

Tony Thaxton
616-283-0597
Sent with iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Laurie Jefsen <ljefsen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: March 5, 2010 12:31:06 PM EST
To: Tony Thaxton <anthonythaxton@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Reminder of CASE webinar March 9

We hope you have received your new copy of the CASE  Lucky 21 #3 in the mail…we believe providing these publications to all of our CASE members is a REAL member service!

I hope you all have secured a site for this webinar and I know many of you have already promoted this webinar to your members!  I would like to ask you to send out another email to your list serve about the CASE Webinar on Restraint and Seclusion this coming Tuesday. I hope if YOU have not signed up for this webinar, that you will reconsider and do so now!  IT IS NOT TOO LATE to register!  I am attaching the flyer in both WORD and as a PDF but also, you can cut the information below and paste into an email and send it out…we currently have 100+ sites but we would love to have 100 more!  FYI the breakdown is as follows:

AK-1; AL-1; CA-7; CT-2; FL-1; GA-18; IL-2; IN-10; KY-1; MA-1; MI-26; MN-8; MT-1; NE-5; NJ-1; NY-3; OH-1; ON-1; PA-3; SC-1; UT-3; VA-3, WA-1

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!!!

JPEG image

LIVE CASE Webinar

Restraint and Seclusion in Schools -21 Questions and Answers

Dr. Reece Peterson, University of Nebraska-Lincoln

March 9, 2010

2:00-3:30-Eastern Time Zone

(1:00-2:30-Central; 12:00-1:30-Mountain; 11:-12:30-Pacific; 10-11:30-Alaskan; 9:00-10:30-Hawaiian)

Travel Restrictions?

Need to explain Restraint and Seclusion to your

School Board, Principals, Coordinators, Counselors, and other leadership personnel?

The answer is here!

PNG image

It is NOT TOO LATE!

REGISTER TODAY

Special CASE Webinar on Restraint and Seclusion

Please join us March 9, 2010 At 2:00-3:30 PM ET

Dr. Reece Peterson, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, author of the newest in the CASE Lucky 21 series, Restraint and Seclusion in Schools: 21 Questions and Answers, will speak on Restraint and Seclusion in Schools. The webinar will focus on the use of restraint and seclusion, data collection, oversight, legislative bills and LEA Board policies.

We invite General and Special Education Administrators, School Board Members, Counselors, Teachers, and Service Providers to register for this informative professional development.

With all the cuts in travel budgets, a webinar is the perfect solution.  One price and you control the number of participants.  Depending on the number of participants you will have at your site, you most likely will also need a LCD projector for the internet/web portion and a speaker phone and amplification for the telephone.  When you register, you will be sent the URL to the site where the handouts may be downloaded so you can duplicate for the participants at your site. Once again, we will also offer a recording in CD format of the hour and a half webinar that you will then be able to use as often as you wish with those who were not able to attend the live event.  Typically it takes 14 business days from the webinar for the CD to be sent out.  The price for the webinar is the same as last year ($150 per site or $200 for the site and the CD—non member prices will are slightly higher) If you have any questions, contact the CASE office at lpurcell@xxxxxxxxxxx Registration is on line at the URL below.

http://www.casecec.org/registration/registration.asp?event=3

If you are unable to link from the above, go to the CASE website

www.casecec.org home page and click on links there.

ALL REGISTRATIONS WILL CLOSE MIDNIGHT MONDAY MARCH 8!

Luann

Dr. Luann L. Purcell

Executive Director

Council of Administrators of Special Education, Inc

101 Katelyn Circle

Suite E

Warner Robins, GA 31088-6892

lpurcell@xxxxxxxxxxx