Re: performance benchmark results on Julia's benchmark

  • From: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 09:54:48 -0700

On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 8:26 AM, pingon begand <sbronfion@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> LuaJIT is definitely very good for calculations. I wasn't aware of the
> complex number thing.
>
> I hope GSL will be as simple as julia for matrix manipulation as you said. I
> do a lot of linear algebra and GSL does not help a lot for this. Maybe I'll
> switch to GSL. Still great work and keep up the (very) good work !

For large dense in-core matrix operations I've found ATLAS is hard to
beat. It's in most of the Linux distros pre-compiled, although you'll
probably want to recompile it from the source package eventually.

--
Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism Publishers
Workbench: http://j.mp/QCsXOr

How the Hell can the lion sleep with all those people singing "A weem
oh way!" at the top of their lungs?