Re: LuaJit FFI with iOS

Dan Tull wrote:
> Apologies if this has been discussed before (or is otherwise
> crazy and/or impractical), but how hard would it be to save*
> aside the results of running with the JIT during a
> "representative" execution example and persist it into a binary
> that could be linked with the app?

The JIT-compiler simply isn't designed for that. E.g. it embeds
fixed addresses etc. in the generated machine code. But the bigger
problem is there's no easy way to verify that the runtime state of
the VM actually corresponds to the saved machine code. Traces
contain much more knowledge about the VM state than just the
common control flow paths.

BTW: The mailing list gets a bounce from Adobe SMTP servers for
     every posting you submit:

     User: dtull@xxxxxxxxx
           (500) 550 IP Authorization check failed - psmtp
     User: <identity_withheld>@adobe.com
           (500) 550 IP Authorization check failed - psmtp
     etc.

     Probably some security measure, since the "From:" header in
     your postings contains @adobe.com. So you and your colleagues
     won't see each others postings to this mailing list. I can't
     do much about this from my side.

--Mike