Re: FYI: No JIT on Windows 8 for ARM

> The WinRT API does not offer the equivalent of VirtualAlloc() or
> VirtualProtect() with the ability to make code executable at
> runtime.

There is one obvious and completely legal way left to
mark code executable for both iOS and WinRT: plain compiler.

Even "no code download" limitation favors such a solution,
since all scripts should be available within the app bundle, and
there is LuaJIT interpreter left for in-memory modified scripts.

Beside obvious static compiling, I wonder if Lua code could
be run and jited on "big" os, and then somehow recorded to
loadable "pre-jited" lib which can be distributed as part of
application on iOS or WinRT or whatever_limited_appstore?

-- Regards
Dusan Majkic