Re: [ANN] Looking for new LuaJIT maintainers

  • From: Hisham <h@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 14:00:16 -0300

On 31 July 2015 at 10:49, Mike Pall <mike-1507@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It has been almost 10 years since the first public release of LuaJIT.
It's time for me to move on.

Thank you for everything, Mike! I'm sure I'm speaking for a lot of
people when I say that your many contributions over the years, not
only to LuaJIT, but to the Lua world at large, are much appreciated.

I'm happy to announce that CloudFlare has offered to take over
stewardship for the LuaJIT project. This will certainly aid in making
it a smooth transition.

Evolving the management style of an open source project is a challenge
(having been involved with changes like this myself a few times over
the years), but I'm sure the LuaJIT community will pull it off.
Arranging the CloudFlare stewardship was an excellent idea, which I
believe will prove central to the transition's success.

I wish you great success in whatever your future endeavors are, and I
curiously await to hear of your new adventures. :)

Cheers for all these years of LuaJIT, and here's for many more!

-- Hisham