Re: [ANN] Looking for new LuaJIT maintainers

  • From: Konstantin Osipov <kostja@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 19:01:19 +0300

* Mike Pall <mike-1507@xxxxxxxxxx> [15/07/31 18:17]:

If you would like to help shape the future of LuaJIT as part of a team
of maintainers, please apply here on the mailing list. Thank you!

I'd like to sign up.

I'd be really delighted if the discussion here on the mailing list
would focus on the future of LuaJIT. Let's leave the drama and
speculation to the social networks -- they'll have a busy weekend.

I'd begin with a framework for collaboration - starting with
roadmap planning and ending with the coding style and
guidelines for committers.

A common vision for the project future would also be quite useful.

Actually, this all could have happened before, while you were
still fully involved. It's not clear whether it's at all possible to
transition a BDFL style open source project to a community driven
effort after the maintainer has decided to step down.

We shall undoubtedly see.

--
http://tarantool.org - a NoSQL database in a Lua script