[liure] [david@xxxxxxxxxxxx: Re: Iris runs from SD card]

  • From: cristian paul peñaranda rojas <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liure@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 16:53:28 -0500

----- Forwarded message from David Reyes Samblas Martinez <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
-----

Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 23:25:45 +0200
From: David Reyes Samblas Martinez <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Hard- and Software Development, Kernel, Distribution,
        Roadmap" <developer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Iris runs from SD card

Iris is totally new OS (not linux ,not bsd ) based on  microkernel aproach,
that Bas is developing from scratch and he luckily has decided to use BNN as
the first platform to run it. In this model security between proccess is the
key feature.
It is on early stages but advancing at amazing good rithm , if you compare
with other initiatives based on same approach like HURD from GNU ,that afaik
it is not funtional after a pair of decades.
Now we can test and play with it from a sd card without need to reflash that
for me is a really good news due since I saw it in action at fosdem in the
proto-BNN of Bas I was realy courios on play with it
Way to go Bas!

I feel a bit out of the loop. What's iris?

----- End forwarded message -----