[lit-ideas] Re: who is Jack Spratt?

  • From: Jack Spratt <dosflounder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 12:10:52 -0700 (PDT)

Sir,
  You must be joking. Why are you are so concerned that I am a real human
living in NYC. It seems that you have some odd stereotype of New Yorkers. We
all talk the same, travel the same way,  etc. interesting concept. Do you ever
get out of your neighborhood Eric (if that is your real name)? If you manage to
I will meet you live and in person.

  J.S.

Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Jack Spratt wrote: I also would like to know what you are
talking about. If you have a problem with where I live then
say so.

I doubt your identity Jack, based on what you wrote about
NYC. Here's why:

* Your comment about living near the "piers" is inexact; if
you lived near the real piers on 46th, you'd say they lived
in Midtown not Chelsea; if you lived near Chelsea Piers, the
giant sports complex, you'd say "Chelsea Piers" not just
"piers";

* a New Yorker who never uses the subway, but only uses
cabs, would have to be very wealthy indeed; you also claim
to use car service, which is more a function of the outlying
boroughs like Queens than of Manhattan;

* a New Yorker so afraid of the subways would probably be
elderly, so not very adept at E-mail.

J.S.

The one thing we lack is a handy utopia.