[lit-ideas] Re: was that a slap in the kisser?

  • From: John McCreery <mccreery@xxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 10:19:21 +0900

On 2005/10/01, at 10:11, Carol Kirschenbaum wrote:

Ursula, I am to take your reply to mean that I *didn't* miss anything here?
That Billy Bob John Roberts really was promoted from a possibly unqualified
candidate for justice to a possibly extremely unqualified cj, without even a
whimper from the Dems? Realize, please, I posted in all seriousness, living
in the conservative sticks as I do.

With all due respect, "without even a whimper from the Dems" is utterly inaccurate, when Minority Leader Harry Reid, Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, and DNC Howard Dean all publicly opposed the appointment.

John McCreery