[lit-ideas] Re: vicious budget cuts

  • From: "Veronica Caley" <vcaley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 23:08:10 -0500

Phil:
. I can't even be sympathetic since I
don't understand the system, though I have heard it has been a nightmare
for many people. I hope nothing I have said has been taken to be an
attempt to minimize your or Julie's situation.

Veronica: Absolutely not, not in my case, anyway.  The problem is that
there is almost no way to compare things. My coverage before was the best.
Now one plan is in dollars, the other in percentages, but there is no way
to know percentage of what, as the full price of a drug varies from one
pharmacy to the other due to discounts they get from pharma.  And we have
to get our prescriptions from a mail order pharmacy who will not tell the
price of anything.  My insurance co. has forced me into this.  They said
they would take care of everything.  First $800 is for me to pay.  That
took care of some of the medicines I need for three months.  Then there are
three others.  Then it's more percentages of who knows what.

Re the budget cuts on the poor, it's a national disgrace.  Now it's war on
retired people.  And we are the lucky ones.  I have Canadian friends.  They
have a really hard time believing this.  The good news is that I think this
will finally do in the Republicans.  At which time the Democrats will
inherit the deficits and the war.  That's the bad news.

Veronica Caley
Milford, MI