[lit-ideas] Re: verbinging

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 10:28:51 -0700

On May 19, 2006, at 10:10 AM, Paul Stone wrote:

Yesterday morning, as I sat, bored off my rocker at a software release 'party' I noticed that the dude who was giving the presentation took remarkable liberties with the language. He invented more words than Judith Butler on a good day. After noticing this, I began to jot a few down to keep myself mildly interested... My favourite was:

Purolate (verb): as in, "if you wanted to purolate this drawing across the country..."

No wonder the OED is going on 3000 volumes.

To purolate (v. ME) to carry on the opposite shoulder to the sword.

David Ritchie
Portland, Oregon