[lit-ideas] Re: the bombing blues

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 16:43:36 +0100 (BST)

Veronica Caley <vcaley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Thanks. Sorry that I got mixed up re names the way you and Robert did.

I don't think you did get mixed up -- you just couldn't see why the slip had
happened.

>. My
>issue though isn't so much their names as it is that the interpretation of
>the paragraph posted by John seemed to depend on which author wrote it, or
>which reader thought which author wrote it.

No -- it was obvious to me that the piece was written by a US liberal of some
kind, and anyway I went to truthout to read the whole piece (which I still
dislike).  (I have no idea of Pitt-Rivers' politics, I  can't remember his book
now; a number of very good books on Spain in the Thirties were anyway written
by people who were hardly left-wing but who fell in love with the country and
its peoples)

Judy

Veronica Caley <vcaley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Judy:
That, Veronica, is a polite, lengthy and boring way of saying, get a
grip.

Thanks. Sorry that I got mixed up re names the way you and Robert did. My
issue though isn't so much their names as it is that the interpretation of
the paragraph posted by John seemed to depend on which author wrote it, or
which reader thought which author wrote it. I am definitely trying to get
a grip.
Thanks for the information.

Veronica