[lit-ideas] Re: someone help

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 11:09:17 EDT

For some reason I have this idea that it's attributable to an English or
American poet -- Wordsworth or someone.....I've never associated it with
Persian
origin.....  but then again, I'm never sure about anything these  days.

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: someone help
Date: 5/10/06 9:51:25 A.M. Central Daylight Time  From: _Ursula@xxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Had I two loaves, I would sell one and buy  hyacinths to feed my soul.
Variously attributed to Mohammed and  others, but I'm not sure that's true...
And I'm not sure that's the way I  first heard it either...not poetic
enough somehow...
I'll keep  looking...
U.
**