[lit-ideas] Re: small addendum to Matrix as philosophy

  • From: Eric Yost <NYCEric@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 14:11:14 -0500

  The R&D and things that are kept in make us work really looks to me
like blind chance.

_____
Dawkins in _The Blind Watchmaker_ offers a pretty convincing refutation
of the argument from design.

Main impression I got from the book is NOT that people don't perceive
the wonderful design and beauty of the natural world (and consequently
how it "must" have been designed).

Rather it is that people don't understand how effectively random
mutations can produce wonderful design and beauty (and consequently how
it need not have been designed).