[lit-ideas] Re: resentment

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 17:43:47 -0600

EY:
>probably done more hard scrabble than you, Mike.

I doubt that very, very much. But even if you could (fat chance) miraculously beat me at hard scrabble, that's totally beside the point -- which is one that I was sure Lawrence would miss, (but never imagined you would) -- that Lawrence's comments put him in the driver's seat of judgment -- judgments based on nothing more than bigotry -- else why would he even mention the incident? It's bigotry, pure and simple. It's of the "a very worthy Negro" -- as they have said in Memphis -- variety. I know you're afraid of Arabs, but there's no need to fear everyone not like you, Eric. I see in Lawrence's comments the seeds of social and economic injustice, I don't know what you see. And I could be wrong, of course, maybe Lawrence pays the guy who cleans his house a living, family, saving wage. But then, you have to wonder, why then is he working at Jack in the Box? Maybe the guy's just greedy, eh?

Mike Geary
Memphis