[lit-ideas] Re: rational discourse in academia

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 15:21:52 -0230

Many thanks, RP. I'm slated to teach a couple of sections of Critical Thinking
next Winter, and this video beautifully identifies the value of Habermas's
epistemic conditions of discourse.

While watching, I was reminded of the excellent movie *Twelve angry men*, (the
original version with Henry Fonda, Lee J. Cobb, Martin Balsem, Jack Klugman)
for some reason. A great movie to show your students, btw.

Walter O
MUN