[lit-ideas] Re: on the home front

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 19:06:11 -0700 (PDT)

Okay, what the heck.  Let's imagine living in a Road Warrior world.  You'd get
up in the morning, shuffle out to the kitchen, put on your coffee .... right?
Except in a RW world you wouldn't be able to plug in the pot because there's no
electricity, there's no coffee because the supermarket you can't get to is
empty, there might be no running water out of the faucet, especially if you
have a submersible pump that runs on electricity, no food except what you could
grow or barter for, no television, no telephone, no internet.  Kind of the way
it was for most of history.  On top of which, it's probably not extremely
safe.  Does that change the calculus at all?