[lit-ideas] Re: on the home front

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 19:05:17 -0700 (PDT)

That's what I read as the explanation for the 20 minutes.  The stomach probably
won't hold much more than what could be stuffed into it for 20 minutes.

Also, I'm not sure about the richest, etc.  I forget what Jared Diamond calls
it, but it's the condition where in a collapse of civilization, such as with
the Maya, the royalty are sheltered until the end.  All that means is they're
the last to starve to death.  What's the point of survival at all
costs anyway?  Would you want to live in a Road Warrior type world?