[lit-ideas] Re: more cell phone spottings

  • From: John Wager <johnwager@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 08:51:48 -0600

Judy Evans wrote:

Saturday, November 19, 2005, 7:01:29 PM, Eric Yost wrote:
EY> Judy: Alienation from some environments makes sense.
EY> EY: Think how much is lost by this.

I said *some* environments.

There is a VERY TINY part of the "environment" that we are NOT alienated from. Billions of cubic feet are under the oceans; it's a VERY good thing we are alienated from such places. And we cannot live in much of the polar regions, or above certain elevations; we are also "alienated" from those environments.