[lit-ideas] Re: medical jargon

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 23:28:01 -0500

Julie:
> and I can't figure out why my air conditioner freezes two hours after I
start
> it.

Either the air filter is completely or nearly clogged or your inside coil is
clogged with dirt or you're low on freon.  If you change your filters
regularly (every month or two), then most likely you've got a freon leak and
it's reached that magic stage of icing up the coil.  Another, but least
likely cause, your blower fan is cutting off while the compressor is still
running.  Check your filters first.

Mike Geary, MD (mechanical diagnostician)
Memphis