[lit-ideas] Re: [lit-id] The Poverty of Heritage

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 17:54:48 +0100

Sorry, I wasn't able to check on the current picture on this

Julie>So, as it has seemed to me for a few years now, the so-called
>"Middle Class" in America is rapidly disappearing, leading to a
>country of vastly rich and vastly poor.  Is this a trend similar in the UK?
>In other European countries?

still; the UK is the EU country where inequality has increased (Thatcher,
Blair...);
relative impoverishment of the middle class is another matter, I am not sure

Judy Evans, Cardiff