[lit-ideas] Re: global luke-warming

  • From: Teemu Pyyluoma <teme17@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 15:40:38 -0700 (PDT)

Barrell of oil is 42 gallons, I think. (Why oh why do
we have to deal with such units more than two
centuries after the advent of the metric system?) So
$60/bbl is $1,43 a gallon. But they do make a lot of
stuff out of a barrel of oil and I don't know if
petrol is relatively more or less valuable...

I recall it being reported that relatively high US
petrol prices had something to do with lack of
refinery capacity. Also, the refineries have
considerable stock and futures for steady oil prices,
and so and so on.

As to why you were paying $2 a gallon back in eighties
I don't know, but you must have made some gas station
owner very happy.

Cheers,
Teemu
Helsinki, Finland