[lit-ideas] Re: fiction or non

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 08:48:23 -0500

I don't have the original post anymore, but I was saying that I would have known who and what Manchester United was before either my husband or my son would have. You seemed to be suggesting that "Andy" would have known if he'd really been a man....
Ursula

Andy Amago wrote:

Now it's my turn to say I don't know what you're going on about.  What is
that you would have known before either your husband or your son?  I want
to guess that it's my misspelling of that godforsaken team Manchester
United.  That's a big deal.  Why don't we talk about the soccer team
Chelsea, specifically about Abramovich, the Russian oligarch who bought
them.  He did it about the time Andy signed on.  I used to read it on
BBCRussian.com when that website was my home page.  Now Dell's new
computers are set so that only Dell comes up.  I can't set it for anything
else.  Maybe it's me.  I guess I should call Dell.  But I still don't know
what you're talking about.

From: Robert Paul <robert.paul@xxxxxxxx>
To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 1/13/2006 12:10:24 AM
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: fiction or not

Manchester United. Strike three.

See? I told you Andy's clueless. But I'll bet you're wearing a tee

shirt.