[lit-ideas] Re: fiction or non

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 05:31:19 EST

Yeah....I think that at the time I found the list (from some odd site  called
Mother of all Bulletin Boards or some such....for a while I was  subscribed
to about 30, being so excited by the prospect of so much information  from so
many informed people) ...one was required to fill out an on-line form  stating
the reasons for desiring to join the list and one's academic  background.  I
can't recall now (was it really over a DECADE?!!), but I'm  sure I lied,
apparently convincingly.

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: fiction or non
Date: 1/13/06 4:11:48 AM Central Standard Time  From: _robert.paul@xxxxxxxxx
(mailto:robert.paul@xxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx wrote:

> You know,  I just remembered that when I joined the original Phil-Lit
> list (how  many years ago??), I was terrified because it ("it"?) required
> my name  and affiliation.  Having no academic affiliation, I lurked
>  forever.  Maybe I should have pretended.

One could give  one's'academic affiliation' (Mutton College) or simply
one's location: I  took the 'affiliation' requirement as aimed at
discovering location, not  status.

All that was wanted was a local habitation and a name, e.g.,  Mutton
College; Newburgh, NY.

Robert Paul
somewhere south of Reed  College