[lit-ideas] Re: constitutional rights

He wrote the book in 2005.  SUV's were selling like hotcakes in 2005.  Oil was
cheap in 2005.  Today you can't give SUV's away.  So the SUV as symbol of
America has in fact proved itself.  The SUV has overturned, guzzled itself
right out of existence, has it not?  The car companies promoted the big
guzzlers too.  The Japanese had all the energy efficient cars.

So, does your tank come with a cup holder?  It'll only cost $10,000 per fill up
and gets 6 miles to the gallon parked.  City driving it gets less.  Okay, I
made the numbers up but in searching it a bit it turns out they have hybrid
tanks.  No kidding.  20% better mileage than conventional.  I think it's safe
to say that their fuel tanks are huge and their mileage is probably the same as
a Hummer.

BTW, oil this morning at 5:38 a.m. NYMEX time was trading at $141.35 a barrel.
It dropped to $140.83.  Maybe that was the new record, $141.  $139 had been the
record.  Goldman Sachs, others said $150 by 4th of July and it didn't seem like
it would get there and it probably won't, but it may well get there by the end
of the year.  It was staying in the low to mid $130's.  Maybe it'll drop again
to $133 or so.  Even at $150 a barrel it's still the cheapest liquid on earth
per cup.  Way too underpriced for its value, but then that's what our society
is based on, very very cheap energy.  For that matter, on very very cheap water
too.  I read that even though people in Atlanta are saving water, they're
wasting electricity as we all do.  It takes water to make electricity.

http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/commodities/energyprices.html