[lit-ideas] Re: archives?

  • From: mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 17:48:15 -0700 (PDT)

I agree, not everyone is thrilled to see their writings on the Internet.  It's
why I dropped off the first time and again most recently.  The lack of privacy
on this list is real.

But, Google's robots can be programmed to skip words and web pages when they
crawl the web.  In other words, they can be programmed to skip all names and
identifying information connected with lit ideas.

At the same time, names coupled with the words lit ideas in one phrase (e..g.
Robert Paul lit ideas, David Ritchie lit ideas, whoever lit ideas) can
be programmed to be searchable.  In this way list members can easily search
their writings but the list is invisible to those who have no need to read the
posts.

It's no fun writing  posts when one doesn't know who's reading them.
Realistically not that anyone is reading them, but that isn't even the point.
The point is that list members are posting to the list, to a private group, not
to who knows who.