[lit-ideas] anchors

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 01:32:10 EST

So Brokaw and Rather are leaving.  Jennings seems staying put for the
meantime.  I remember how pale and haggard he looked after days of nearly  24
hour
reporting after 9/11..

I remember David Brinkly leaving -- I loved him and missed him.  He  was The
Person Who Told Me What Went On In The World all the time I grew  up.

Does anyone have a comparison to make?  How do you rate Brokaw &  Rather and
Jennings comparitively as reporters?

Is Lauer an acceptable appropriate replacement.

I will miss Brokaw because for many years he has been a solid entity.
Familiar.  Dependable.  Kind-faced.  Seemingly honest.

Julie Krueger