[lit-ideas] amazing employment application questions

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 21:05:47 EDT

I filled out an application for employment today -- the position was for
Administrative Assistant.

On the application was a yes/no question which I have never in my 25  years
of employment and employment seeking experience encountered.  It was  the last
in a series of yes/no questions along the lines of "would you be  willing to
work overtime?", etc.

The question (and I wrote it down verbatim so I would not forget the exact
wording) was as follows:

"Will you be able to perform the essential job functions for the position
you are applying for with or without reasonable accommodations?"

Julie Krueger