[lit-ideas] Re: Zawahiri's latest

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 15:02:20 -0600

Brian:
>>Does it bother any Democrats when the leader of a terrorist organization is
>>publicly wondering why you haven't given them the victory they desire?<<

Nope.  Nary a one of us.

>>Bin Laden has written for a long time that America is a paper tiger and you
>>are rushing to prove him right.<<

During a news conference at the White House on March 13, 2002, Bush said, "I
truly am not that concerned about him. [Bin Laden]... "We haven't heard much
from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command
structure. And, again, I don't know where he is," Bush said during the 2002
news conference. "I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about
him. I know he is on the run.
  "I was concerned about him when he had taken over a country," Bush continued.
"I was concerned about the fact that he was basically running Afghanistan and
calling the shots for the Taliban. But once we set out the policy and started
executing the plan, he became - we shoved him out more and more on the margins.
He has no place to train his Al Qaeda killers anymore."  [except Iraq]

Well now, if the President doesn't give a shit, why should I, right?

Mike Geary