[lit-ideas] Re: You Make The Old Magnolia Tree Blossom

  • From: John Wager <jwager@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 17:23:06 -0500

Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx wrote:
In recent declarations, Sanford has referred to this as a 'love story' and a love story. He has become a hero in Argentina, not a laughing-stock at all. So, it's with respect that I comment on the e-mails. To think that a man in office has time to outpour his heart and soul like this is commendable, and as my mother says, remindful of Wallis Simpson.
The problem with ALL love stories, of any kind is they always have the same ending:

Either boy loses girl, or girl loses boy. (Or both lose each other, the most merciful end.)