[lit-ideas] Re: Ye Olde Dialectic

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 00:29:50 -0500

EY:

I don't matter much to the world; if I starved to death, it would not make a difference.

Awww, Eric, buck up, Buckeroo. None of us make a difference. Except that the history of the world would be different without you. Without the bacteria in your gut also. Without that lepton leaping like a leprechon on you nose. So it depends on how you're measuring difference, bro. I measure it in terms of myself. Does it matter if I wake up in the morning? Well, if I don't, I'll never know I didn't wake up -- so hell yes it matters! Apres moi, le rien. I keep this whole fucking show going. You may not realize that, coming as you do from a different perspective, but it's true as far as I'm concerned, you probably see it differently. So celebrate your godship over the world. Ring bells, chant Magnificats, swing thurifers in adoration of yourself, stink up the world with your scents, what awaits us but the stygian waters of oblivion. My greatest consolation in life was realizing that one day this whole solar system will go poof and none of this ever happened. No one will ever know about humans or this heroic struggle to know. No ideas of God, no art, no measuring of the universe, no Shakespeare, nothing. All gone in the poof of a supernova Sunday. You're free, baby. Free to do anything you want to do or dare to do or feel compelled by love to do. Go do it.

Compelled to sleep now,
Mike Geary
Memphis

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Yost" <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>