[lit-ideas] Re: Ye Olde Dialectic

I think that this conclusion (?) needs a further premise (which I believe, in light of powerful evidence), is false, viz.

P. Government will do what charities now do if charities stop doing it.

____

It is certainly false in the short term, during which people would die from government neglect. But is it false in the long term, when the horrible circumstances brought about by government inaction would prompt civic pressure for government to do so?

I don't know. Robert may be more pessimistic than I am.