[lit-ideas] Re: Worst Case Scenarios

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 04:06:44 -0700 (PDT)

--- Teemu Pyyluoma <teme17@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't usually do this, but:
> > fewer wars, the ones that do happen will be
> > apolitically destructive.
> >
> Should be "apocalyptically destructive".
>
> I'll stick to bad and really bad in the future.

*I don't think that Iran needs to worry about a
full-scale nuclear attack on it that would wipe it off
the face of the Earth, for all kinds of reasons
including such an attack would be no use to the US
corporations. I think that it might have to worry
about bombings, possibly including 'the small nukes,'
and perhaps a ground invasion at some point when the
US government can gather enough troops, mobilize the
public opinion etc. That is why I think a nuclear
weapon, although no match to the US nuclear power,
might be an efficient deterrent.

O.K.

http://mail.yahoo.com