[lit-ideas] Re: Willie Pete's Role Reversal

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 15:01:03 -0500

ANDY: O.K., if it doesn't matter how we prosecute the war, then let's flail our arms. We're doing that anyway in Iraq, so obviously it doesn't matter what we do.

Eric: This is an example of the "Andy" program. It DOES matter how we prosecute the war. Last night I wrote, "What most of us seem to be debating is the proper conduct of these defensive wars--police actions, counterinsurgency actions, clever foreign policy decisions, sustained public relations and propaganda campaigns, etc."

Th "Andy" program, in browsing for key words, chose the Iraq/we are-doomed-scenario by way of answering, but since it has no ongoing storage memory, it selected the invalid reply above.

I wish Andy would take his private jet back from the Hamptons and stop relying on AI surrogates to reply.