[lit-ideas] Re: Willie Pete's Role Reversal

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 09:14:07 -0500

O.K., if it doesn't matter how we prosecute the war, then let's flail our
arms.  We're doing that anyway in Iraq, so obviously it doesn't matter what
we do.

> The only other alternative is to do nothing and allow the
> terrorists to hit us again and again while not responding in any way.

We flailed our arms the expensive way, and the terrorists are hitting again
and again.  And when they get here, as even Bush says they will, we can add
another "again".

> Obviously I don't consider surrender an option. Do you? Are you
> ready to become a Muslim and adopt sharia law?

Flailing around in Iraq proving our powerlessness has done what exactly?
Don't you think the mightly U.S. should have won by now?  Instead, the
military has said it's impossible to win militarily.  Are you listening?
The military has said it's impossible to win this war militarily.  The oil
spot approach has failed in Fallujah.  So we took a detour and wound up in
the same place, looking for other options.

> So (1) respond, (2) don't respond, and (3) surrender. Which do
> you choose? What's your solution other than telling everyone how
> bad things are?

For starters, waking up that there is a problem.