[lit-ideas] Re: Willie Pete's Role Reversal

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 15:24:25 -0500

To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 11/13/2005 3:04:24 PM
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Willie Pete's Role Reversal

Of course, isn't that some of what the neo-cons wanted to do in Iraq--make it a
completely free-market nation which would showcase how great life was like in
the world of globalized economy?

A.A.  Boy, will you swallow anything.  They wanted the oil.  They wanted
rebuilding contracts.   They wanted a puppet state.

Didn't they have on board numerous of global companies who were aching to get
in and see how it would work?  Were it not for destroying the infrastructure, I
imagine they would have gotten their wish.

A.A.  Were it not for a little thing like doing no planning for this invasion
and this dream.

And, you would have been able to see how well that would have worked...and how
little exploitation would have happened.

A.A.  What's that Jimmy Cagney line, I wish I were a wishing well?  If they
were wishing wells, they would have had all kinds of goodies.

I do agree with you that compulsory government service would be healthy for all
US citizens.
I think it will come...

A.A. If this war keeps going, that's a real good possibility.  The next
president will have to deal with it.

Andy Amago

Balancing the viewpoint,
Marlena