[lit-ideas] Re: Willie Pete's Role Reversal

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 13:09:07 -0500

Marlena: Still, the argument that the military is over there having a good time, enjoying prostitutes, etc. is nothing new. It is one I hear a lot in regards to the US getting out of the UN or the UN being totally corrupt--and often is mentioned how they do nothing about the UN Peacekeeping forces who are having
sex with little 12 and 13 year old girls in exchange for pieces of food (not even money...). I'm sure that UN Peacekeepers are also running around in Speedos and shooting anything that moves.

Eric: Yeah I wonder what happened to that scandal. They busted some French troops who were part of the UN contingent, shuffled around some of the officers as though they were pedophile priests, and issued promises of reform. Then it sort of hushed up. Any resolution on that? (Also, Speedos do not go well with body armor.)