[lit-ideas] Re: Willie Pete, well, okay, a little bit

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 14:21:14 -0500

Neither do I.  But that's not the issue.  Eric is arguing not so much that
Saddam was a monster but that our soldiers are inherently good.  By
comparison yes, absolutely, but just about anything is better, and only
because the system demands it.  Even civilian Americans want secret
executions.  If Rumsfeld and Cheney weren't held back, if that inner
monster weren't suppressed by law, let's all guess where things would be.

Andy