[lit-ideas] Re: Willie Pete, well, okay, a little bit

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 09:26:34 -0500

Judy: You mean if someone's going to commit a war crime against
you, you commit a war crime if you force people to act as human
shields in the knowledge that the enemy will attack despite that?

Eric: Your question doesn't make any sense.

I suggest it does make sense in the context of your post/s.

Okay Judy. I mentioned the US strategy of dealing with dug-in Japanese forces in the later island battles of WW2. Described how this had been reprised in Gulf War I. Question Saddam's strategy of putting raw conscripts on the front line.

Then you come up with this ludicrous statement about "if someone's going to commit a war crime against you, etc." which essentially excuses Saddam's invasion and looting of Kuwait.

What are you arguing against? Gulf War I? Do you believe Saddam should have kept Kuwait? Was it just a knee-jerk reaction or do you have a more substantial position to offer than posting Godwin's Law? That's why your question doesn't make sense.