[lit-ideas] Re: Why us?

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 12:14:06 -0700

From: "Eric Yost" <Mr.Eric.Yost@xxxxxxxxx>

Andreas: Oh, Eric... read the accounts of the USA's secret wars in Central
America.

Eric: Why do I need to? A Brazilian friend lived through the dictatorship installed by the CIA there. I have listened to firsthand accounts of our actions there and throughout Latin and Central America. We have been unbelievably brutal in the name of the Cold War.

BUT YOU ARE MISSING MY POINT!

Your point was that if Canada invaded, the USA would fight a traditional war, according to the rules of war, to defend itself. Not so. The USA carries out extremely dirty wars against helpless populations.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com