[lit-ideas] Re: Who won, or lost, the Cold War

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 14:30:37 -0800

Theorists from the Democratic Party argue that the policy developed during
the Truman administration won the Cold War.  Republican theorists argue that
Reagan's resolve won the Cold War.  To say that we didn't win the Cold War
but instead the USSR simply collapsed would (check me if I'm wrong oh Logic
Police) imply that it wasn't a War after all.

Lawrence