[lit-ideas] Re: When Lil's Husband Got Demobbed

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 22:05:53 -0500

I like Prufrock better but I like anything Eliot (even Eliot himself, with
all his low lifey foibles).  Why does he say Hurry up please it's time, I
wonder, capital letters, repeated several times?   I'm tempted to think
he's playing around, in a sophisticated setting (the poem, not the pub).
Any ideas?