[lit-ideas] Re: What is the difference between ...

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 23:11:26 -0800

On Nov 3, 2009, at 10:56 PM, Eric Yost wrote:

I'm sure the poet -- nine books out, now on tour in LA -- celebrates Banned Book Week with fervor and probably library- sponsored readings, disdains simpleminded attempts to ban Catcher in the Rye and Huckleberry Finn, and considers himself an enlightened person ... as we all do.

Right here is a nice piece of ground. Not too high. Not too wet. Not too close to the neighbors. I wonder if anyone is occupying it. I'll ask around. Maybe we can come to some kind of arrangement that ensures a degree of privacy but allows the sharing or what needs to be shared. Oh look, there in the distance is Sarah Palin, waving to the Russians. Someone wave too, that might be fun. Oh and there's that leftie fellow, who's always right. 'strawdinry how people are and how worked up they get. Can I bring you anything, while I'm up, and alive?

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon