[lit-ideas] What a disappointment

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 10:35:20 -0500

Still mulling over the why let a turkey rest question (wondering why protein
(for that matter carbs too, but carbs are starch; meat has no starch, after
slaughter anyway) would congeal when it cools).  I unsuccessfully googled the
question.  Last resort, I thought maybe Alton Brown might have an answer.
Turns out  he's no food technologist.  He's an actor who likes to cook.  The
show is definitely the dumbed down science behind food, so he must use
consultants.  They give him the science, he turns it into entertainment.  An
accomplishment, but he is not a food technologist himself.  For all those even
now lining up to become vegans, supplementation with B12 is critical.  B12 is
found only in animal foods.  Deficiencies can cause irreversible neurological
damage.