[lit-ideas] Re: Ving Rhames' Bullmastiffs

  • From: "Lawrence Helm"<lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 20:55:20 +0000

Hmmm.  Maybe we'll have to wait and see to be sure.  The article in my paper
written by Sandy Cohen of the Associated Press says "three bull mastiffs and an
English Bulldog."  Here is another article which says the same thing:
http://www.inthenews.co.uk/news/entertainment/film/actors-dogs-kill-caretaker-$1118847.htm
  But most of the articles I looked at just now said "mastiff" rather than
"bull mastiff" so who knows?

Lawrence

From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, Aug-4-2007 12:43 PM
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Ving Rhames' Bullmastiffs
Are you sure they were Bullmastiffs, not Neapolitan Mastiffs or (as one source
says)
Fila Brasileiro?  Fila Brasileiros can't be kept here without an exemption
(Dangerous Dogs Act), Bullmastiffs have a totally different and rather benign
reputation here (but the breed association stresses that they are sociable
and should not be kept outside or chained up).

Ving Rhames certainly owned a Fila Brasileiro at one time.