[lit-ideas] Re: Victor Hanson in Iraq

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 09:53:12 -0500

Lawrence, the enemy isn't Islam.  The enemy is al Qaeda.  Al Qaeda thrives on
war and chaos, which is what we gave them.  That old Leftist Herbert Bush
didn't invade because he knew exactly this would happen.  Leftist Baker says in
so many words that he used to be repeatedly asked why they didn't go into
Baghdad, and he's no longer asked that.  If you're going to point fingers at
"Leftists" you have to name names.  So far, we have two: Bush Sr., James Baker.
  Who else?  You're looking ahead to 2008.  How about 2002-2006?   Leftists the
way you use it is tantamount to bogieman.  Just a word that means "someone
messed it up".  Bogieman, Everyman, Leftist.  They're all synonyms, since there
are never any names attached to them.  It's interesting that you say, "just as
long as you keep fighting".  Fighting is exactly what al Qaeda thrives on.
That was the Baker Commission's point, the fighting is going nowhere ("grave
and deteriorating").  Time to start talking would you say?